Contest time: Your favorite coffee story
Brilliant or Insane is a share-ideas-over-coffee sort of blog. Hence, we thought it might be fun to hear about your favorite personal story that involves coffee.
We're even going to spice things up by giving a $10 Starbucks coupon to the reader who shares the story we think is best.
In the comment section below, tell us your favorite coffee story. Explain why it is special in a few sentences. Have you had coffee on Mount Everest? Did you bump into a celebrity and share a cup of Joe with him or her? Did you spill coffee on your boss?
There's no easier way to get free coffee. Just share your special coffee moment. We'll decide which one is best and send you a gift through Facebook.
Hurry, this contest ends on February 7th, 2014.
How to play
- Write your coffee story in the comment section below.
- Friend Brilliant or Insane publisher, Mark Barnes, on Facebook (this is how you get your free coffee).
- Tell your friends to play (we need at least 10 responses to validate the contest and get a winner).
- Don't forget to friend Brilliant or Insane publisher, Mark Barnes, on Facebook (this isn't about Mark building his network; he can only send coffee to friends).
Disclaimer: Starbucks is not a sponsor of this contest or of the Brilliant or Insane blog.

Let me start. When I was teaching, we had what principals considered the most important event of the year -- the state-mandated standardized test in April. Teachers had to proctor the tests. There was a ton of security related to these things; the state takes them very seriously.
ReplyDeleteI was taking my students to a testing room, with the tests stacked in a plastic bin. I set my coffee cup in the bin, next to the tests. As we traversed the hallway, a student bumped into me, and my coffee spilled. The tests were damaged. Needless to say, my principal wasn't pleased. If I weren't a longtime, tenured teacher, I fear I might have been fired. All I could focus on was how happy I was that all of the coffee didn't spill.
Well to start my story. I will never forget when i tried it for the first time. I walked in and smelt the smell of all the different coffees. then when i got to the front i couldn't decide and the barista helped me. she was the best service.
ReplyDeleteThis was my story because i didn't know the lingo or the flavors. The story is good because the day before I got yelled at for taking to long at another (won't say the name) coffee shop for taking to long. Starbucks is a great place and now thta i know the lingo i can't wait to go back.
i was at school and i wanted some hot chocolate i go to get some from the cafeteria and later i take a sip and find out its steaming black coffee i wouldnt have minded of it had cream and sugar but that was $1.50 wasted tho
ReplyDelete