Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's my tipping point?

Let me be clear. I write for three reasons
  1. to reflect
  2. to share ideas and inspire others
  3. and to promote my brand. 
There, I said it. There is no denying it, so why not simply own it?

I am, after all, an author attempting to sell books and a consultant, looking for paid appearances. I have no big company name. Mark Barnes is my brand. I try to inspire ideas, philosophy and concepts; mainly, I work very hard to encourage a shift in thinking -- a transormation in how the world does education.

One of the best ways to attract interest in this brand and my ideas is social media, and blogging is a form of social networking. I write and, hopefully, you read, if the content interests you.

I recently read Malcolm Gladwell's book, The Tipping Point. The one-sentence summation of Gladwell's idea is that every epidemic has a tipping point -- something that contributes to the concept, disease, crime wave or habit affecting a very large population.

When I began writing this blog, I wondered about my Tipping Point. What can I say that might inspire a large population to discuss it, share it or, in some cases, embrace it? If I can spark curiosity, imagination and emotion, perhaps you'll keep coming back. The word will spread, and an epidemic will begin.

Let's see if I can get this blog to, as Gladwell says, tip.
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Brilliant or Insane? All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger