Can meditation change your life?
![]() |
| via harmonet.hu |
In the interest of full disclosure, let me say that I haven't yet embarked on this new journey. I tried meditation years ago (I can't remember what inspired that attempt), but it didn't take.
A psychologist friend embraces meditation, and her interest coupled with McGonigal's inspiration has encouraged me to give this a legitimate shot.
According to McGonigal and other sources, basic meditation is easy to begin, when simple guidelines are followed. The purported benefits of meditating are remarkable and include increased concentration and will power, decreased stress, which can impact potential heart disease and general happiness.
Several San Francisco schools use meditation with students and have reported a transformation in students' attitudes, due to consistent meditation.
If any of this is true, five to 15 minutes of daily meditation seems mandatory.
Do you meditate? If so, please share your experiences and be my guide. Meanwhile, I'll keep you informed about my progress.
Mark Barnes is an education author and consultant and the publisher of Brilliant or Insane. Learn more about Mark on our Team page. Follow him on Twitter here.

0 comments:
Post a Comment