My one-person social network
When I wrote, What if you had to cut your social network to one, I didn't intend to make it a glorified popularity contest. The idea for the post really did begin with me thinking about which of the more than 1,000 people I follow on various social networks provide the most valuable daily content.I follow mainly educators on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, because these are primarily professional learning networks for me. Sure, I am friends with family and a few non-educators on Facebook, and I follow some sports networks and sports fans on Twitter.
via: librarygirl.net
As I was reading various posts, though, I wondered who I couldn't do without. Who was my go-to content provider?
A few that rise above
+Larry Ferlazzo places content in powerful lists and is a remarkable curator of information.
+Shelly Sanchez Terrell is a friend, amazing organizer and the most energetic provider of content I know.
+Angela Maiers has over 100,000 followers on Twitter -- truly amazing for an educator; Angela is a real celebrity in the education world.
+Pernille Ripp is as passionate as anyone I know about making kids better. Her blog generates more thought-provoking conversation than any I've encountered.
+Jennifer Borgioli has a knack for playing Devil's Advocate; she helps me go beyond the surface of many subjects.
I'd be lost without
+Richard Byrne -- Author of Free Technology for Teachers, Richard is a true superstar in the education technology world. Because I am an education consultant and a perceived expert in technology integration, I work constantly to remain well informed about web tools, applications and mobile devices. Richard Byrne is my go-to content provider for this critical information.
If the world of social media changed, and I had to, for some strange reason, carve my network to one. I'd weep while doing it, but I cut everyone, except Richard Byrne.
I'm thankful I don't have to do it.
What would you do?

0 comments:
Post a Comment