Google Hangouts provide cool PD opportunity
Recently, I was returning home from New York, where I had conducted a results-only learning one-day institute for educators from a variety of schools in Nassau County.![]() |
| via: Coppell Middle School |
How could we do this efficiently? Enter Google Hangouts.
While I sat at LaGuardia Airport in New York, I connected with three teachers and two students, roughly 1,500 miles away, in a classroom in Texas.
We created a Google Hangout, using our computers and gmail accounts, and they beamed me onto an interactive white board, creating a very Star Trek-like feel to the conversation (see picture).
Google Hangouts is a free web tool that allows people to have face to face chats from all around the world. In this case, the hangout provided a fabulous forum for educators and students to gather and discuss best practices in a student-centered classroom.
So, if you're looking for a fun, easy way to engage other educators, forget the faculty lounge. Google Hangouts is where the cool teachers are.

0 comments:
Post a Comment