Friday, November 15, 2013

Buy or Sell peanuts on airplanes

If you travel often, you know that many flights serve soft drinks and some sort of snack -- usually pretzels or peanuts. Although this can provide a salty, fizzy distraction from boredom or turbulence, it's not usually the kind of refreshment that merits conversation, much less a blog post.

via: blogs.palmbeachpost.com

A recent flight to Nashville, though, inspired more than a passing thought about airplane snacks.

Buy or Sell peanuts on airplanes


As a general rule, I either pass on the peanuts or tuck them away in the magazine pouch in front of me, thinking I may reach for them later. I could never quite put my finger on why I did this; after all, I really like nuts, especially the dry roasted ones, which many airlines serve.

Then, on the Nashville flight, a friendly passenger shed a bright light on this previously-foggy issue. He had long finished his soft drink, when the nuts arrived. The timing of the nuts' arrival was nonsensical, he informed me. "I finished my drink," he declared. "How am I going to wash down these salty nuts?"

I glanced at my cup, which was almost empty, too, and I quickly stowed the nuts away.

It's very clear now why I'm selling peanuts on airplanes.
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Brilliant or Insane? All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger