Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Spare the rod, save the child

I have to admit that I was astonished by this Education Week article, which says that 19 states have schools that still employ some sort of corporal punishment.

via: lifemartini.com
Can this be right? In the year 2013, teachers and administrators are beating students?

According to the EdWeek article, a Marion County school board member, Carol Ely, who favors paddling children, says that this method of discipline helps kids, because if they are suspended, "that's like a vacation."

Hey Ms. Ely, do you know what happens to children who are paddled? They either hate school or think it's a joke, and they believe teachers enjoy harming kids.

How do I know this? I was paddled throughout my school years, and it's exactly what I thought.

  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Brilliant or Insane? All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger